Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Monday, 10/26/09 Green Mountain

Felt somewhat energetic during the day, but once I started up the icy trail in the cold shade at 4:20pm, I had little motivation and almost bagged it after 5 minutes. Due to low motivation, I just walked most of the way up Amphi/Saddle/Greenman.

On the summit, I bumped into some friends who were starting down, so I ended up walking most of the way down with them and was glad to have some company. This is probably my last post-work trip up Green for a while, as the upcoming time change will eliminate that possibility.

Sanitas here I come.

Up: 43:55
RT: 1:21

5 comments:

  1. A couple of us are running up that thing today after work. Do you think in would be a benefit to bring the micro spikes along or is there not enough ground coverage for them? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as your shoes have good traction, you should be OK, just watch your step on the upper sections, as there is some ice mixed with the snow. Microspikes would certainly be overkill right now, studded shoes may be helpful if you are looking to go fast, but otherwise still a bit of overkill in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, thanks for the update. I will wear the Crosslights, that should do the trick. We were going to push hard up the hill then take an easy coming down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green, ice, darkness, death.

    ReplyDelete